Tomorrow at The Donelson Fellowship we’re preaching on the subject of angels as it relates to the life and worship of Christ. Here’s an excerpt from last week’s message on angels as agents of judgment. Hope you can join us Sundays at 8:45, 10:15, and 6 PM at The Fellowship.
In just over one year, we’ll be voting on who should become the President of the United States. Everyone agrees our nation is on the brink. But the answers we need are not primarily political in nature. They are not primarily economic. They are moral and spiritual. Let me tell you about a nation that is facing the impending and imminent judgment of God.
- It’s the nation where a tiny baby turtle in its egg has more legal protections than a human baby in the womb.
- A nation where every single day 3700 preborn babies are put to death simply because they are inconvenient.
- A nation that adopts its moral code from the entertainment industry instead of from its Creator.
- A nation in which profanity is tolerated in public school but prayer is outlawed.
- A nation where it’s against the law to put a nativity scene in the courthouse on Christmas, but filthy storefronts and vulgar billboards can plaster our cities 365 days a year.
- A nation where the Ten Commandments have been replaced but a moral code with no absolutes and an ethical system without a touchstone.
- A nation that ridicules the glory of being created in the image of God and insists on indoctrinating our children with the notion that we evolved from primordial slime.
- A nation that cheers when homosexual bishops are appointed and gay marriages are performed.
- A nation that has systematically replaced its Judeo-Christian heritage with absolute, unbending, intolerant, militant secularism.
The Bible says that righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people (Proverbs 14:24).