I’m speaking from Romans 12 this coming Sunday at TDF, and in going over the chapter I found one of those recurring phrases that we should all look out for. For a simple Bible study, sermon outline, or lesson idea, read through Romans 12 and underline the “do nots.” There are eight of them spread throughout the chapter (in the NIV).
1. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world – v. 2
2. Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought – v. 3
3. Do not curse – v. 14
4. Do not be proud – v. 16
5. Do not be conceited – v. 16
6. Do not repay anyone evil for evil – v. 17
7. Do not take revenge – v. 19
8. Do not be overcome by evil – v. 21
Conclusion: Our lives are often simplied and enriched by what we decide NOT to do.
PS – For my sermon applying the truths of Romans 12 to marriage, click here.