If you’ve ever read C. S. Lewis’ famous story, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (or seen the movie), you know the wonder of stepping into a mysterious wardrobe and suddenly realizing it’s larger on the inside than on the outside, that it contains another world. In the center of that Narnian land is the great castle, the throne at Cair Paravel. Wouldn’t you like to enter a wardrobe like that and visit a palace in another realm?
Jesus said, “When you pray, go into your closet and pray to your Father who is in secret.” In our little place of prayer we can build a palace of prayer. There’s a castle in our closet, and we can explore its rooms whenever we pray the Lord’s Prayer. There’s…
- The Nursery Where Greet Father – Our Father…
- The Observatory Where We Study Heaven – …who art in heaven,
- The Throne Room Where We Tread Holy Ground -… hallowed is Your name.
- The Study Where We Do Business – Your Kingdom come; Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
- The Pantry Where We Seek Bread – Give us this day our daily bread.
- The Treasury Where We Settle Accounts – And forgive our debts as we forgive our debtors.
- The Armory Where We Claim Protection – Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
- The Chapel Where We Render Worship – For Yours is the Kingdom, the Power, and the Glory forever. Amen.
So when you pray, go into your closet and talk to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees and hears in secret will reward you openly.