Today at the Alabama Ministers and Workers Conference, I shared the six C’s of guidance, and someone suggested it for a journal entry, so here it is. Let me hasten to add that here at the Dothan conference, Randy Sawyer’s messages and those of Cliff Donaho have been excellent. Thanks to both of them for their encouragement! And my thanks to Heath Hubbard for driving down here with me and for his help and fellowship.
- Commit your decision to the Lord in prayer.
- Open the Covers of the Bible and seek Scriptural direction.
- Seek the Counsel of those who know more about the matter than you do, for “in a multitude of counselors there is safety.”
- See how the Circumstances are leading
- Very often, an inner Conviction will begin to develop. The Holy Spirit helps us instinctively know what to do
- Finally, Contemplate the issue. Think it through. God gave each of us a brain, and He expects us to use it to arrive at a wise and sanctified decision.