Why do I love the stories behind the hymns?
- They provide snapshot biographies of creative Christians from past generations.
- They are real entertainment; these stories are sometimes stranger than fiction.
- They enrich the singing of our hymns and keep alive the traditions of our hymnody.
- They show me how to worship God during upturns and downturns in life.
- They remind me that the Christian family is very broad. One of my favorite hymns, for example, “When Morning Gilds the Skies,” was written by German Catholics, a group with which I have little in common–except this hymn.
To rediscover the world of the hymnists, check out my books:
- Then Sings My Soul
- Then Sings My Soul Book 2
- Then Sings My Soul Keepsake Edition
- Then Sings My Soul Special Edition
- Jesus Loves Me This I Know
- Come, Let Us Adore Him
PS – There’s still time to order for Mother’s Day!