I’m in Roan Mountain this week, resting and looking into some repairs needed on the old house. In the meantime, here’s something you might identify with–why we don’t go to ball games:
- Every time I go, they ask me for money.
- The people I sit by aren’t very friendly.
- The seats are too hard and uncomfortable.
- The coach never comes to call on me.
- The referees make decisions I don’t agree with.
- Some games go into overtime, and I’m late getting home.
- The band usually plays some numbers I’ve never hear before.
- My parents took me to too many games when I was growing up.
- My kids need to make their own decisions about which sports to follow.
No, this isn’t original with me; I only wish it were. It’s anonymous, but sadly true to form.