Pastor Rob Morgan provides ten biblical patterns for pleasantly productive people, answering the question: How do I gain mastery of my life before it’s too late?
A lifelong student of the Bible, Rob Morgan has spent forty years learning about maximizing each day and becoming purposeful and productive. Now he has found a simple plan that works—featuring ten biblical principles that transcend human wisdom. These patterns can be implemented today whether you’re a student or an octagenarian, a novice or an executive, and help you develop a perpetually effective life. The ten patterns are:
1. Listen to a twelve-year-old: Be about your father’s business.
2. Redeem the time: Wasted hours can never be regained.
3. Clear the decks: God isn’t disorganized; why should we be?
4. Maximize the morning: Schedule a standing appointment with God.
5. Pull off at rest stops: Routinely replenish your inner resources.
6. Operate on yourself: Diagnose and treat yourself spiritually.
7. Live “As If”: Act by faith even when your emotions aren’t ready.
8. Bathe in the Dead Sea: Experience the buoyancy of biblical joy.
9. Practice the power of plodding: Persistently work in small increments.
10. Remember there are two of you: It’s Christ in you that’s achieving significance.
Based on actual Scriptures, this simple, yet hope-filled plan for mastering life before it’s too late will put you on the path toward a lifetime of success.
Randy Wellik –
Very practical on how to apply biblical principles to my everyday living.
Megan Earley Slifka –
Received this book at the year end ’14 Sunday service at Shadow Mountain CC. Lovely examples and pointed reasons for shaping our lives around Christ. Thanks to DR.Morgan for this timely book, it will be a kick off study for our new campus at Bethany UMC in Lehigh Valley PA. It’s perfect! The workbook is highly anticipated. Thank you!
Sheila Blair –
A very good book! Enjoyed it very much and learned a lot from these 10 biblical strategies.
Bethany Morrison –
This book has profoundly changed my life and gave me the specifics, motivation and urging to get myself organized and be concerned more with hearing God not just doing things for God.
This book provides small, easy steps to getting our humdrum lives on the right track and most importantly, giving God time out of each and every one of our days to speak to us, mold us and transform us.
So much of Christianity takes place on Sunday mornings and then isn’t revisited until the following Sunday. If we truly are His followers, His believers and His tools, we will live out the type of life Pastor Robert Morgan describes in this book. A must read for any Christian lacking a sense of direction or searching for something more.